Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Hitch Part 1 - Blog Name Origin

Being the parent of three kids means when I'm not at work or asleep every free second is spent taking care of my children with my wife and extended family's help. 

That means the only time I can work on projects like installing trailer hitches and brake wiring is late at night. 

Once the trailer hitch parts arrived my friend Jim came over and helped me install the brake light wiring and filmed me.  He also came up with the name of this blog-  Late Nigh Boat Trucking -  It sounded better than "Let's install a trailer hitch and tow a boat from New York".  Late Night because it was around 11PM that we were doing the wiring and Boat Trucking because the goal was to be able to tow/truck the boat up from New York-  It made sense at that hour!

Etrailer sent me the hitch and wiring kit very quickly.  The kit I ordered involved no splicing of wires.  I just had to unplug the existing brake lights on the Pathfinder and plug them into an interface which had trailer brake wiring.  The hard part was figuring out how to run the wires to the outside of the truck from the inside.



No comments:

Post a Comment